New style added on Clearance up to 50% off Shop Clearance →
Final few French linen bedding 30% off Shop Now →
French linen sleepwear on sale 40% off Shop Now →
Reduced to clear, save up to 50% off Shop Now →
Beautifully hand woven vases, add a touch of raffia to your home. They create interest as a cluster, all in natural tones of the Australian landscape, in muted tones. The hand made quality makes these vases one of a kind.
- Large Natural Dimensions: L 23cm × W 23cm × H 26cm
- Medium Tea Dimensions: L 19cm x W 19cm x H 22cm
- Small Sisal Dimensions: L 16cm x W 16cm x H 17cm
- Material: Raffia
- Hand weaved and Dyed – simple treble stitch
- Beautifully weaved in Madagascar
- Designed in Australia
- Keep your item dry
- Stain treatment – blot the stain with warm or tepid water and dry
Raffia palms grow in the middle of the tropical Madagascan rainforest and actually need to be harvested regularly to allow other fauna and flora to grow. The palm has a short trunk and leaves that may be up to 18m long! Nearly 100 smaller leaves which are cut and torn off in parallel lines compose each of these branches. Madagascan use the fibers harvested from these trees to traditionally weave baskets and hats. Once treated, the fiber is soft, pliable, strong, durable, easy to dye, non-shrinking when wet, and biodegradable.
Adding product to your cart